Friday, September 10, 2010

Paramore


Hello ladies and gents... Last night I was lucky enough to attend the Paramore concert! Actually it was the Honda Civic Tour with Kadawatha, New Found Glory, Tegan & Sara and of course Paramore. It was one of the best shows I have ever been to. I danced, screamed, sang, and basically rocked out to one (some) of the best bands ever. Now I bet you are wondering what this post has to do with beauty or fashion but actually it has everything to do with it...
To be completely honest, I don't like going to concerts. I'm always scared of being disappointed by the show and the performers and like the "luster" of who I'm seeing will be diminished if they don't live up to my "expectations." I had NONE of these fears when I bought the tickets to the Paramore show. Being somewhat of a review freak I had to get online and watch some videos of Paramore live, and let me tell you... it was the deciding factor. Not one video was bad, every single one I seen Hayley (the lead singer of Paramore) gave her all, every single show she gave 100% and I thought wow... that's amazing.
Now Hayley is not a conventional beauty. (This is where the beauty & fashion part come in) She has bright red... orange... yellow... who knows ;) hair, she is not a long legged bombshell nor does she have curves for days but she, up on that stage, was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Just her passion for the music, what she was doing, and her ability to be herself was amazing. She was where she wanted to be, doing what she loved to do,& wearing what made her comfortable. That to me, is a beautiful person. 
The point of this post is to encourage you to be more like Hayley. Wear what you want, put on the makeup you like, dance around, sing, laugh, be yourself even if it's not what everyone thinks is acceptable. That is what is beautiful. 


(I will upload my own pictures from the concert once I get my computer back, enjoy these for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment