Tuesday, August 3, 2010

About Face

For some strange reason I've just come to realize the beauty of instructional makeup books... does that make sense? Anyways, after many rave reviews from fellow bloggers, YouTube Gurus, and people that I just all around admire, I finally decided to purchase the book About Face by Scott Barnes. Scott Barnes is an AMAZING makeup artist who has worked on celebrity's such as Jennifer Lopez, (hello cover girl!) Beyonce, and Kate Hudson! Scott's specialty look is "the glow" and that is what I was hoping to learn by reading this book. His technique is amazing and one that once you learn it you think... "Why didn't I think of that?" So I skimmed through it, then went back and back some more and decided to do a sort of... first impressions type video. With basically no practice, this is what I came up with... and let me tell you, if this is just the start I can't tell you how amazing these techniques will work once given some time and practice. If you are a makeup artist, please go buy this book. Read it, learn it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment